Warning: Malware Disguised As The FBI
If your computer is locked and displaying a screen claiming to be the FBI please be aware this is a dangerous virus, do not pay the fine. The FBI did not lock your computer.
FBI Virus Removal Options
There are many options to remove the FBI virus on your own without the help or a professional. The website Botcrawl.com discusses every option to remove the FBI virus. Options may be used as hybrids/combined. Click a removal option below to learn how to remove the FBI virus appropriately.
- Malware Removal Software – Scan, detect, and remove the FBI virus (free or paid recommendations)
- Manual Removal – Manually search for and remove FBI virus files and entries
- System Restore – Restore PC to a date and time before infection (includes different access options)
- Safe Mode With Networking – Manually remove files and/or scan and remove malware (reset proxy settings if needed)
- Flash Drive Option – Load Antivirus (AM) software to a flash drive, scan and remove malware
- Optical CD-R Option – Scan and remove malware
- Slave Hard Disk Drive Option – Scan, detect, and remove malware
FBI Virus Information
Common FBI Virus Screenshots
Please note the FBI virus screen may appear differently.